Join Brad Lancaster for an Earthship / Earthworks Workshop!
As Human Beings we have an interdependent relationship with the entire planet. We also have a special and immediate dependency on the planet's dwindling water resources. Permaculture, like an Earthship, is a sustainable design system that enables healing relationships between human beings and the living systems of our host planet.
The Earthship Academy presents a special hands-on permaculture workshop w/ rainwater harvesting wizard, Brad Lancaster. Brad is the author of Rainwater
Harvesting for Drylands & Beyond, Volumes I, II & III. In his public assessment discussion and 5 day course, Earthship Biotecture's radically sustainable green buildings will converge with whole system
permaculture design earthworks!
- Learn to assess and build on a site's existing potential.
- Achieve Hands-on implementation of water harvesting earthworks, led by Brad with the earthwork experience of the Earthship Community.
- Explore holistic homestead design that enhances and benefits from surrounding soil, water and vegetation.
- Transform exposed, arid landscapes with free, onsite waters and sheltering vegetation that produces an abundance of resources such as food, shade, medicine, wildlife habitat, wind breaks, and more.
- Co-Design earthworks using key principles and ethics to maximize benefits for Earthships, (as well as other types of dwellings) and the landscape where they reside.
- Live in and interact with Earthships for the duration of the workshop.
2 Earthship Way
Tres Piedras, NM
Dates: August 12 –17, 2014
$725 -- Covers course, materials, housing and open talk reviewing your assessment and opportunities.
$600 -- Covers course, and materials
tickets at http://earthshipstore.com/es-learning-opportunities/earthworks-workshop-2014
What you will need to bring with you:
Sunscreen, hat for the sun, sun glasses, comfortable clothes for work, that you don't mind soiling, water bottle, a way to take notes, bunyip level, shoestring level, work gloves.
Suggested reading Rainwater Harvesting for drylands and beyond vol I & II