workshops Monday 5 January – Saturday 24 January 2015
There will be three workshops starting on Mondays and finishing on Saturdays (no work on Sundays). You can come for as many as you like.
- Workshop 1 – Mon 5 Jan – Sat 10 Jan
- Workshop 2 – Mon 12 Jan – Sat 17 Jan
- Workshop 3 – Mon 19 Jan – Sat 22 Jan
- Hands on building experience
- Talks/lectures, on all things Earthship
- Drinking water
If you are paying the higher rate for camping* you also get…
- Breakfast and dinner
- On-site camping
- Communal Camp Kitchen
- Camp Shower
* you must bring your own camping supplies. A list will be supplied to successful applicants.
what’s not provided
- Camping equipment e.g. tent, sleeping bag, solar shower bag, plate, bowl, knife, fork, spoon etc…
- Personal safety equipment (you need to provide gloves, sturdy shoes (preferably with reinforced toe), hat, sunnies, sun screen, mozzie repellent
- Internet access
- Electricity (limited supply will be available in camp kitchen)
- Hot showers (BYO solar shower bag)
terms & conditions
Refunds will be given if the workshop is cancelled (e.g. due to natural disaster such as bushfire).
In the event of extreme weather the focus of the workshop may need to turn to theory rather than practice; however, to ensure that some practical workshop exercises can be undertaken these may be scheduled outside of the normal 9am-5pm work period to take advantage of cooler conditions.
If you give sufficient warning of your need to cancel your participation, and an appropriate person can be found to replace you, your money will be returned, otherwise some or all of your money will be forfeited.
In the event that camping on-site becomes impossible (e.g. due to complaints from neighbors or Council, extreme weather or other unforeseen events) it will be necessary for you to find alternative accommodation and make your own breakfast/dinner arrangements. In this event you will be refunded for the “camping” component of your fee ($10/day).
Children, spouses, friends, pets, etc will not be permitted on-site unless by special arrangement.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
I agree that I will not make any claim against and hereby irrevocably release Martin Freney/Zoe Freney/Earthship Ironbank from any and all liability arising out of or in any way connected with the workshop and not arising directly from the gross negligence of Martin and Zoe Freney which I may incur.
I agree to comply with all reasonable directions given by the site supervisor (Martin Freney) including, but not limited to, mandatory use of safety equipment/clothing (i.e. sturdy work boots, work gloves, safety glasses/sun glasses) and safe operation of all tools and machinery. I understand and accept that failure to cooperate with the site supervisor may result in my immediate expulsion from the workshop without a refund.
M: 0450 555 719
application form – due 1 december 2014
CLOSE OF APPLICATIONS IS MONDAY 1 DECEMBER 2014. SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE INFORMED BY 3 DECEMBER 2014.